Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Only Love Can Leave Such A Mark : U2 & Psalm 40

Magnificant Lyrics


Magnificent

Oh, magnificent

Only love
Only love can leave such a mark

But only love
Only love can heal such a scar


I was born
I was born to sing for you 

I didn’t have a choice
But to lift you up
And sing whatever song you wanted me to
I give you back my voice
From the womb my first cry
It was a joyful noise

-Psalm 40: 1-3
v1 I waited patiently for the Lord;

he inclined to me and heard my cry.


v2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.


v3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.

No comments: