Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Touching the Heart

Below, is one of the most touching comments that has been left on Working on a Dream.  It was left by someone very special, who met us all at the NICU, while our son was fighting for his life...

Anthony and Christen,


I have thought of you often since I last saw you at the hospital. When I learned that baby Anthony had passed I felt both a tremendous sadness and also relief. Sadness because he was such a beautiful sweet baby and I know your heart will forever ache for him. Relief because this has been a long, difficult journey that no mother or father should ever have to endure. I will never forget the incredible love, deep faith and enduring commitment that I witnessed between you. I feel blessed to have met your family and friends. They are amazing people. The compassion, kindness and support they provided is like nothing I have ever seen.

Christen, you are such an amazing Mother. Your butterfly kisses, your undying faith and your profound love for Anthony kept him here with you longer than anyone would have imagined. You are one of the bravest, strongest women I have ever met.

Anthony, you are the father everyone wishes they could have. You can laugh, cry, show sadness, anguish, deep faith and tremendous love all in the same 30 minutes.

Anthony and Christen,I pray that the rest of your journey is easier than it has been so far. I know that your love and faith will see you through this and that someday you will have peace in your hearts.You are both wonderful people and I am lucky to have been a part of this difficult journey.

February 1, 2011 11:20 AM

No comments: