Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Monday, February 28, 2011

Leadership Value #4: Focus on the Future

After people know what you are all about, they want to know what is your vision
This is always a question reserved for leadership.


People want to know that if they follow you, where will you take them.

I have found that some people are just better at "seeing" into the future than others. And I believe that this is a gift that some folks either have -or they do not.  Great leadership helps the group lift their heads and peer into an unknown world but at the same time they keep everyone optimistic and on target. 


If you were to ask me, I would say that the key to this whole process is having an open heart.  This will ensure that you stay adaptable and not become too rigid.  I have seen many good people lose a humble heart along the way and just settle for mediocrity.  



So if you desire to lead.  Ask yourself these two questions:
Where am I going?
Where am I taking the group?

No comments: