Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Her path and Your path

Yesterday Christen and I went over to visit Betty. Betty lives in our park, is 83 and very lonely. We brought over our wedding album and as we visited, she got her albums out to share with us. Her albums spanned her entire life. Still shots of over 80 years of events and memories distilled into 5 albums. I could not help but feel sad. Sad because this is the path all of us must go down. I see her at 16 and the glow on her face is amazing. So much life in front of her. Her smile wide to the point that her eyes barley remain open. Then, I glance up to see a frail lady struggling to get around. And then I think to myself:
-What I am, she once was. What she is, by God's grace, I will become.
"Remember your Creator in the days of your youth: Before the days of adversity come, and the years approach when you will say, 'I have no delight in them." -Ecclesiastes 12: 1

No comments: