Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Saturday, January 11, 2020

Anthony, I Still Remember: A poem dedicated to my son.

Anthony, I still remember. 


Anthony, I still remember, 
As the middle of January is always tender,
Yesterday was January the tenth,
A day for me that still does not make any sense.

I laid in bed late last night and wondered to myself silently,
What life would of been like if you had pulled through,
But the emptiness reminded me that was too good to be true.

Another birthday gone by, 
There wasn’t a single card, call, or contact; 
No-one remembered to wish happy birthday to you, 
No one even tried.

Anthony, I know you are out of most people’s minds,
As January 2011 seems like ages ago,
But one person that holds you close is your daddy; 
Understand that I will not let you go.

Son, I still remember. 
And I will always wonder, 
Always asking, “Why?” 
Having to trust in God’s plans before I trust I.



Anthony.
I still remember.
And I know that some others still do, too. 
Because you left a mark etched in our hearts, 
That time will never erase anytime soon.

_____

This poem is dedicated to Anthony Christopher. 
When inspired, I try to put in words something that cannot be described with human language.
His short life altered mine in such a way that is indescribable. 

8 comments:

Bev Bell said...

I cant imagine any pain harder than this. Beautiful poem. Beautiful tribute to your son. Love and prayers to you and may you feel his presence with you♥️🙏

Unknown said...

Such a tender tribute to you son , Anthony . If only we could have answers to the question of why this happened to such a sweet young soul. Anthony Christopher will be forever in your heart, not only on his birthday, but each day of your life. He had a very special man as his father, as Carmen and Isabella have now and forever.

Mary Stoffel said...

I do remember. What a somber time that was. What a joy to know you will see and be with him in heaven. God had a reason, one we will never know until we too are in the arms of Jesus!

Anonymous said...

There is no way I could ever imagine your pain in the loss of your first born child. My Grandparents lost two children and my Grandmother said a part of her went with them. But, I know as their Grandchild, the love that I experienced from both my Grandma and my Pap was enormous 💕. I always new that that love was so great because experiencing that kind of an unspeakable loss resulted in knowing just how precious life is! I watch you with Carmen and Isabella and know that your love is a strong reflection for Anthony Christopher! Your Anthony will always be a part of you - inside and out. And he will always be a part of Isabella and Carmen reminding you of a precious baby who lives on within both of his siblings. You and Anthony will be reunited when our Great and Wonderful Lord says it is time. And, then all questions will be answered. But until then, you, as an obedient servant of our Lord, will persevere each and every day. You are a great father to your children, a leader to many, a passionate Pastor and compassionate person who guides and nurtures.

Beverly Crawford said...

I understand 💔❤️

Anonymous said...

Happy 12th birthday to your beautiful boy who is safe in the arms of Jesus until you meet again 🙏💙

Anonymous said...

I will never forget him and your family.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday little one. God has you in His arms. We’ll see you soon.