Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No Plan B- Wrapping things up...

Truth #7: Christ Command the Church to make the Gospel Known to All Nations: Romans 10: "Everyone who calls upon the Name of the Lord will be saved." How then can someone call upon the One if they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone telling them? And how can they tell if they are not sent?" (Romans 10) -Anthony's commentary: No getting around this one. Remember the old adage...Every member a minister? Well today it goes something like this... Every member a missionary. Case in point: a couple of weeks ago when I was walking into the church on a Sunday morning, I looked over and watched a group of people on our property playing soccer. I came in and informed pastor about them and we thought it was a good idea to invite them to the service. As I went out I grabbed my Bible and began asking them if they would like to join us. NO was the resounding answer. I then changed by approach and asked if I can stay there with them and lead a Bible study right on the spot. The answer: NO. The point is I tried to make myself available to Christ and His Kingdom work. If the Church is to grow, then the people in it must be ready and available to be an everyday missionary.

No comments: