Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Is Anyone Alive Out There?!

If you have ever been to a Bruce Springsteen concert the words in the subject line will undoubtedly resonate with you. In every show, at least once, Bruce will look at the crowd and yell the phrase..."Is there anyone alive out there!?" I like it when he does this. Wait, scratch that...I love it. At first glance, it seems like the response to the question would be a resounding "yes" but I am guessing that Bruce is asking something more than is your heart beating.
I would venture to say that he is wanting to know if you are living your life in a way that transcends the mundane. In his song Radio Nowhere, he sings:
"I was spinnin' round a dead dial
Just another lost number in a file
Dancin' round a dark hole
Just searchin' for a world with some soul
This is Radio Nowhere, Is there anyone alive out there?"
This challenge should be heard by all Christ-followers. Jesus said that His followers will be marked by "Abundant Life." (John 10:10) So my question is, why is it that you celebrate so sparingly?
I once heard a story of a man who used his "fine china" when his children came home with A's on their report cards. Growing up, the closest I ever got to my parents china was when I tripped and fell over the electric fence that was guarding them.
Reality is, Jesus offers true joy right now in your life. As a matter of fact, if you follow Jesus, then you are plugged into the Only thing that can fill you with true hope and joy.
-Challenge: Live your life out loud. Find something to celebrate. Use that fine China. Live your life the way Jesus wants you to without apology.

No comments: