Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Rising

Living life for Christen and I has been touch and go these past weeks.
But there is something I need you to know...

Although things have been tough
and
life hit us hard.

We will not stay down. 

We will rise up.  Stronger.  Wiser.  More Patient and Loving. 
More aware.

Do you remember the story of the Phoenix? 

This mythological character lived for years and years, all the while burning itself up...consuming its very own body. 
The twist is that every time it died...                 it rose from the ashes. 
Reborn. 


Like the Phoenix --we will overcome. 

We will say with the Apostle Paul, "But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." (Romans 8:37)

We will declare with John, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (I John 4:4)

We will stand with Jesus, "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

A note to my followers:
From this point forward, I will start to transition out of posting only about our journey over the past few weeks and start getting back to normal living...at least I'll try. 

I invite you to come along with me...
I give you full permission to join me on this journey.
To help me when I am down.
To lift me when I am weak.
To laugh with me or to cry with me.

To help me rise again from the pile of ashes I sometimes find myself in...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You betcha I will My Friend..You inspire me with your words and your strength. I will continue to pray for you and your beautiful Christen as you ease through this...Blessings

Susie McShea said...

Anthony and Christen,
I have thought of you often since I last saw you at the hospital. When I learned that baby Anthony had passed I felt both a tremendous sadness and also relief. Sadness because he was such a beautiful sweet baby and I know your heart will forever ache for him. Relief because this has been a long, difficult journey that no mother or father should ever have to endure. I will never forget the incredible love, deep faith and enduring commitment that I witnessed between you. I feel blessed to have met your family and friends. They are amazing people. The compassion, kindness and support they provided is like nothing I have ever seen.
Christen, you are such an amazing Mother. Your butterfly kisses, your undying faith and your profound love for Anthony kept him here with you longer than anyone would have imagined. You are one of the bravest, strongest women I have ever met.
Anthony, you are the father everyone wishes they could have. You can laugh, cry, show sadness, anguish, deep faith and tremendous love all in the same 30 minutes.
Anthony and Christen,I pray that the rest of your journey is easier than it has been so far. I know that your love and faith will see you through this and that someday you will have peace in your hearts.You are both wonderful people and I am lucky to have been a part of this difficult journey.