Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby Anthony. The lessons. Part 3

Another aspect that started creeping up in my mind during this whole thing was the fact that I was not teaching.

That may seem weird…but during this whole pregnancy, all I could think about was how much I wanted to teach my child.

The ways of the Lord,
Every Bruce Springsteen song,
Everything a father imagines when thinking of their future with their child.

Ironically, however, it was my newborn son who was doing all of the teaching.

Now before I write this next sentence…it may seem a bit odd. And if I did not go through this trial, I certainly would not understand it. 
But the single greatest thing that my son had taught me in his short time here is this.

-He taught me how to feel-

Before this time I was quick to shun people, move on to the next thing, and downplay what people felt.

No more

The greatest gift that people were giving during this time were uplifting words and time spent with Christen and I.

And I learned something from this.

A truly great person seeks to absorb another person's pain.

They come along and find a place where you are hurting and they try their best to take it away from you.

A person who does this is beyond a mere human and is closer to an angel.

Now, I will try to become an angel for someone.


"For he will put his angels in charge of you, to guard you in all your ways."
-Psalm 91:11

No comments: