Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Sunday, January 2, 2011

Anthony's Rant: Carson Daly hosting N.Y.E.




I can't believe 2011 is here. 

Something that I also can't believe is how I had to watch Carson Daly bring in the New Year.  I mean, how in the world did they land on this guy...especially to replace Bob Hope?  Are you serious? I remember talking to my mom on New Years and she actually asked me when Mr. Rogers son started hosting TV shows.  This is what forced my hand to rant so early in 2011...


I get the idea from watching Carson that he was born on the corner of "Sleepy Street" and "Drone Avenue" and in a tool shed. 
I swear, if Carson is even thinking about becoming the "new" Bob Hope he should have thought about that 43 tattoos ago. This guy is seriously confused.  Is he a Rocker or is he Emo? Come to think of it...he is a bad mixture of both...which would make him Remo.

Seriously, last time I saw Carson was when I was up around 3 a.m. and he was running a late late late night show. And I am pretty sure that he was interviewing Count Dracula too.  And for everyone that was thrown off by his black button down trench coat...don't.  This guy is woefully lame.  I actually remember thinking to myself that my old brown shoe would be more entertaining than this guy during the New Years festivities.

Now before everyone gets all defensive...just take a big deep breath.  I am not saying I hate the guy or anything, I am just saying that I like him a lot more when I have sleepless nights. 

Let me conclude by saying that Carson Daly should have been named Carson Nightly...As in I do not want to see him unless it is very very late at NIGHTLY.   

1 comment:

LTC said...

Thank you. That was awful to watch. Rude, snobby, condescending...ugh.