Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Do NOT forget to Pray...

As a senior in college, I can remember getting into my RA's car on a late-night burger and fries run and seeing him glare at his car ceiling.  As I sat and waited, my fat globules started getting ancy and I finally asked him why he had a staring contest with the felt above his head.

He told me to look up, and when I did I saw a piece of paper stuck to the top of his car ceiling. 
The piece of paper read, DO NOT FORGET TO PRAY!

When I asked Zach about it, he had told me that too often he gets in his car and simply forgets to ask God to watch over him, his plans, and his life.  It is funny how little things stick with you over the years.  I read that sign 11 years ago but the lesson is still with me to this day.

I am not sure about you, but speaking for myself, I zip around like nobodies business and often forget to pray.  Sure, I remember to pray about the BIG things in my life, but the little everyday things just seem to get lost in translation.  And that is not good.  I know God to be a God that cares about all the aspects of my life, whether they be BIG or small. 

So today remember this lesson:  Commit everything you do in prayer.  God cares about our going in and coming out.  There is nothing that He does not care about.  He is the God of comfort and the Father of mercy. 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."   -Philippians 4:13 

No comments: