Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Monday, July 30, 2012

Substantial Faith

Take a look at this picture.


-It really says a lot-

In my mind, it speaks to how people view faith.

Many people want to have a faith that is visible for everyone to see.
This person thinks that doing things = faith.
Things like: going to church and sitting in a pew somehow automatically deepens their walk with God.

-It does not-

Opposite of the person that desires a visible faith is the person that seeks the One [Jesus] that enables faith. 

-Are you seeking the afterproduct or the real thing?

There is a big difference between the person that seeks the benefits of faith
and the person that yearns for the author of it.

Look at the picture again...

Which Rabbit & Carrot best resembles you?

 
Now read the following:
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I checκ yоur blogs like еveгy week.
Yоur writing ѕtyle is wіtty, κeеp dοing what you're doing!

My website payday