So you hate your job.
And the best part of your day is your smoke break -and you don't even smoke.
10 Obstacles to Work Gratification:
1. Disagreement with work goals
2. Duplication of work
3. Others belittling you/your work
4. Unwarranted criticism
5. Unchallenged standards
6. Lack of recognition
7. Inconsistency from leadership/management
8. Job goes on and on and on and on ...
10. Lack of clarification/goals
Take a look at the list again.
Better yet. Write it down.
Now go to your team and give the list to every one of them and then schedule a time to talk individually & then colletevely.
Go with an open heart and I guarantee 2 results from your actions:
1) You will have won over the majority of your teams heart.
2) You will have paved the way for a better, more motivated workplace.
-Do you see any demotivators on the list that you have personally dealt with in your workplace?
-Is the list lacking? Would you add anything to it?