Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Monday, May 3, 2010

"I PASSED"

About two minutes ago, I get this text message from Christen saying that she passed her final exam for her RN Degree. I as sit and reflect on her accomplishments, my mind goes back to the beginning of when this whole thing started. Christen is not the "school-type" so things were a little rough up front. I can remember the struggles, the long drives to Butler, then to Beaver, the constant updates at Career link, the long days at school, the long nights of studying.... This morning I was listening to the new U2 album, No Line on the Horizon in the car. One song in particular is my favorite, "ill go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight." In this song, Bono sings:

Its not a hill Its a Mountain When you first start out the climb Listen for me...Ill be shouting through the darkness...

Those are the words I sent Christen today after she passed. This journey started out hard. --It was like staring up at Mt. Everest-- But as she started walking, she realized she had someone who would be right with her the entire time. Step by step. Side by side.

That was my promise when you started this whole thing.

That was my promise when we stood at the altar.

That was my promise when you asked me what my intentions were when we first started dating.

That will be my promise as long as I live.

Ephesians 5:25, "Love your wives just as Christ has loved the Church"

No comments: