Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hey, Soul Sister

So you can all pretty much guess that I am not the kind of guy who just puts on his radio and listens to anything and to any station. -It has to be specific for me...its just how I roll. However, to my surprised set of ears, I have recently been pleased to find some pop music that I actually find myself singing along with. One song, I mentioned in a previous blog,"live like your dying" the other is mentioned above in my title, "Hey, soul sister."
-To say I like this song is a major understatement.
A portion of the song goes like this:
"You're the only one I'm dreaming of -
You see I can be myself now finally
In fact there's nothing I cant be
I want the world to see you'll be with me "
Those words remind me of what I tell people when I sit down and do pre-marital counselling with them. I usually ask them to look in each others eyes and then answer this question:
How many times are you planning on getting married?
[Their response generally goes something like this....pause, then deadpan stare at me- like I was kidding...but of course I was not... I never joke.]
Then they turn toward one another again and say, "ONCE" (tear....)
That's when I usually launch into something like:
"You will only be married once, and one day you will be old and grey. You will have a choice to make: will this be the greatest life with your spouse...One for the story books kind of life.
OR will you go through life miserable, holding grudges and all that kind of ugly stuff.
--The decision is yours..."
--
"Husbands love your wife like Christ has loved His Church." Ephesians 5:25

No comments: