Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Friday, March 28, 2008

Where is your Heart?

At first glance, this seems elementary. It's beating in my chest right now! Correct. But my question is more in the line of what someone would say to their lover on Valentines Day. Like, "I love you with all my heart." We know what this means. I love you with everything that I am, my whole being. Following this thought I wanted to write a little. Jesus said, "For where you treasure is there will your heart be found also." Pretty insightful. Martin Luther said that the best way to gauge the human heart was by two things...
1. Time
2. Money
If we think about these two categories they are very telling about a person. TIME: Just write down what you do on a daily basis, hour by hour. And then at the end of the month look at what things you spend the most time doing. Easy enough. I'll bet the things you spend the most time on are the things where your heart is invested. MONEY: Same idea here. Write down all the things you have spent your hard earned cash on and at the end of the week or month, wala! Your priorities will rise up to meet your eyes like the morning sun.
Here are some of the best things said about this topic:
-"Activities of life become a manifestation of what lies in the individuals heart." -"When someone sells his heart to someone or something, every action of life becomes a manifestation, proof of purchase, of the sale." -"What is dear to man, that is his god." I'm sure this comes as a challenge to most of us. What is ruling your heart? Or better said, "Who is ruling your heart?"

No comments: