Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Monday, April 23, 2012

One day, I asked God...

One day, I decided to ask God for everything I wanted...



I asked for strength,
And God gave me difficulties to make me strong;

I asked for wisdom,
And God gave me problems to learn to solve;

I asked for prosperity,
And God gave me brain and brawn to work;

I asked for courage,
And God gave me dangers to overcome;

I asked for love,
And God gave me people to help;

I asked for favors,
And God gave me opportunities.


I received nothing I wanted;
I received everything I needed.


-Galatians 6:9
"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap,
if we do not give up."

4 comments:

Ann Mullen said...

And that is why it is said, "Be careful what you wish for."

But I learned something, I was going to get all those trials whether I asked or not and that it was better for me to ask for help with them and be in his hands, then be on my own.

Great reminder, Anthony.

Anthony K said...

Ann,
wise words indeed!

Let us not forget to ask the Lord for strength and guidance IN the trials of life!

Tejas said...

Bro, this is amazing stuff! I really needed to hear that!

Suerae Stein said...

So well written and wise. It's a good reminder that we are not alone and are constantly growing and learning. Great post! Thank you