Men, it's time to throw away that clip-on and grab your sweet looking tie, because today I share how you can step up your look Marlon Brando style. Properly presenting yourself involves looking your best while wearing a suit, and if you have not noticed, your tie can make or break your style faster than a boog hanging out your left nostril. Let's be frank, if choosing the right tie is essential; knowing how to tie it is critical. We both have seen the guy walking around with that one "knot." You know the one, where it looks like a 1 inch by 1 inch wadded up clump of mess. The one that kids wear to their 8th grade dance.
Above, you will find a convenient video teaching you the steps to the perfect knot.
Below, are 8 steps that will get you tying the perfect knot.
The Windsor necktie knot gives you a wide triangular tie knot that’s good for more formal settings. This tie knot is best worn with a wide spread collar.
1. Drape the tie around your neck. The wide end should extend about 12 inches below the narrow end of the tie. Cross the wide part of the tie over the narrow end.
2. Bring the wide end of the tie up through the hole between your collar and the tie. Then pull it down toward the front.
3. Bring the wide end behind the narrow end and to the right.
4. Pull the wide end back through the loop again. You should have a triangle now where the necktie knot will be.
5. Wrap the wide end around the triangle by pulling the wide end from right to left.
6. Bring the wide end up through the loop a third time.
7. Pull the wide end through the knot in front.
8. Tighten the knot and center it with both hands.