Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

--sPIRITUAL gRAVITY: part 2. Stairway to Heaven.

I know you have been there before.

It's the day after you were hanging out with some of your friends or acquaintances and you feel great about yourself. Your intentions were more than exceeded and you find yourself on Could 9. 
--You got lifted up to their level...again.

Does this story sound familiar?
Of course it does.
The reason that it does is because the people that you are choosing to spend your time with will either lift you up like a stairway to heaven or drag you down to hell

------Spiritual Gravity is back but, with a different perspective.

A couple of days ago I wrote about how Spiritual Gravity is just as real as the gravity that holds you and I down everyday.  Today, I will emphasize the fact that Spiritual Gravity works the other way too.


You see, when we are intentional about surrounding ourselves with people that are interested in building one another up or pursing Godly activity, we are stacking the deck that our spirits will be elevated & new healthy habits will be formed.   The wise author of Proverbs states, "The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn that shines brighter and brighter until the full day. But the way of the wicked is like darkness; they do not know over what they stumble."

--------------Just reflect on your own life--------------

Doesn't experience tell you that no matter how hard you try or how much time you pray, after spending several days and night's with a group of people ... sooner or later that group will rub off on you.  If you are honest with yourself, you will admit the truth of what I am presenting here.

My Italian Grandma would quote me a saying in Italian while I was growing up that translates, "You show me who your friends are and I'll show you who you are."  I hope you don't confuse this post or her quote for a ticket to leave society and become a monk.  If you do, I have failed. 

The point is that Spiritual Gravity is alive and is always at work.
It is up to you to decide whether you will lifted up by it
or dragged down because of it.
This means being wise about the people that you surround yourself with on a regular basis. 

"Watch over your heart with all diligence...
For from it
Flow
    The springs of life."

No comments: