Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gather ye Rosebuds While ye May: Carpe Diem!

It was like yesterday when I walked into one of my college courses that I just knew was going be a drag.  As class started, my wiry professor with his thick New York accent asked us to politely find a seat and give our attention to the video screen in the front of the classroom.  The scene you are about to watch is from the movie Dead Poets' Society - Needless to say, my view of that course was changed after watching this video as it made a lasting impression on me over 10 years ago when I first watched it.

-I think it will do the same for you-

-The scene opens with a quirky teacher entering the classroom (played by Robin Williams) and then quickly moves out into the school hallway...Enjoy!




Don't be fooled by the calendar.  There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. 
~Charles Richards

As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.
~Zachary Scott


And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. ~Abraham Lincoln


We cannot waste time.  We can only waste ourselves.  ~George M. Adams


GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying:

And this same flower that smiles to-day


To-morrow will be dying.

No comments: