Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Monday, April 4, 2011

ROCKY BALBOA teaches on Proverbs!

Proverbs 24:16

 “For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again:
but the wicked shall fall into mischief.”

Last night, a friend of mine was sharing his story of faith with the youth group.
The above verse was one he used to describe his life.  When he talked about it, I could not help but think about how many times I have failed and wanted to give up. 
But I didn't.  I'm still here.  Fighting.

As I thought more about the verse, I was reflecting on how I am here because of the Grace of God.  Grace is the reason I am able to get up again after failure.  Grace is the best motivator.

If you are down and need some umph in your life.  Then I recommend taking a minute and letting Rocky talk you out of your slump.  *I know that not everyone shares the same sentiments about Sly, but I can't help to run through walls when I watch one of these movies.



Remember,
In salvation we lose what we cannot keep in order to gain what we cannot lose. 

No comments: