Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Monday, February 9, 2015

The seven messages of a good speaker

Everybody wants to be a better communicator.  Whether you are standing up delivering a speech or leading a meeting,  it is important that you are effectively presenting your material.  

Below, are 7 key items that all great communicators take in consideration before they engage with their audience:



 I will not waste your time.
 I know who you are and I know why you came.
 I am well organized.
 I will deliver this speech in an interesting, conversational way.
 I know my subject.
 Here are my most important points.
 I am finished.

What say you?  Is there anything missing from the list?  Would you add anything? 
A suggestion might be to print this out, and use it while preparing for your next presentation.  

The above list was compiled from the book, "How to Give a Terrific Presentation" by Karen Kalish (AMACOM, 1996).

No comments: