Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, October 29, 2014

2 ideas a parent can use this Halloween.

A lot of parents stress over allowing their kids to celebate Halloween. Below are a few ideas I stumbled upon that will help you infuse a Christian theme into what is otherwise a pagan celebration.

ENJOY!


Pumpkin Poem

I am a Jack O’ Lantern
My lights will shine so bright
For I’m a Christian pumpkin
My symbols tell what’s right

My nose is like the cross
On which our Savior died
To set us free from sin
We need no longer hide

My mouth is like a fish
The whole wide world to show
That Christians live in this house
And love their Savior so!

The story starts at Christmas
My eyes are like the star
That shone on Baby Jesus
And wise men saw from far

My color, it is orange
Just like the big bright sun
That rose on Easter Day
Along with God’s own Son

 

Gospel story

God picks you from the patch, brings you in, andwashes all of the dirt off.  Then, He cuts the top off and scoops out all of the yucky stuff.  He removes seeds of doubt, hate, greed, unforgiveness, etc.  Then, He carves a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.  

Are you letting yourlight shine?  Shine for Jesus!


No comments: