Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Anthony's Pondering: --Why do we Struggle?

I've been thinking about how we all struggle in life.
For many, the struggle will shrink us up and fold us into pieces. In a real way, our struggles will be the things that define us.  If we let them, our struggles will be the end of you and I.

May I offer another perspective?
Perhaps, a less popular outlook, but one that is often dismissed when we struggle in life.

We all know how a kite just sits on the ground when there is no wind. The very thing that breathes life into the motionless dead kite is the wind that opposes it.


The struggle offered by the wind, is the very source that lifts the kite into the atmosphere of greatness, isn't it?

Consider this possibility: Maybe, just maybe God blew a wind of struggle your way in order that you may rise? Reflecting on difficulties, the times when I've felt that I'm losing everything is exactly the time I'm getting acquainted with myself. Remember, the strongest metal goes through the hottest flame.

In Proverbs we read, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

I believe the above author knew just what you and I need during times of struggle; trust in God. Not leaning on our own strength, but on something much BIGGER than ourselves is the key to finding new heights when we face the struggles of life.

Like the kite that sits idly without its primary source of power, the wind, you and I will lay dormant when we try our best to breathe life into our sails. The Bible tells us that Jesus Himself "learned from His sufferings" and guess what? If He had to learn through suffering, I am betting that  you and I will too. 

--God sends struggle our way to bring us to new levels in our faith.

No comments: