Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Sunday, June 16, 2024

Father's Day for the hurting

On this Father’s Day, the silence weighs,

An empty house, a quiet haze.

The laughter once that filled these walls,

Now echoes in these lonely halls.


Small handprints on the window pane,

Remind me of a time more sane.

When little voices called my name,

And every day felt much the same.


Their beds untouched, their toys all still,

A void that time can never fill.

I miss their eyes, their smiles bright,

Their hugs that made the dark seem light.


I sit and think of days gone by,

And try my best not to cry.

For though they’re far, they’re in my heart,

A love that distance can’t impart.


This day, a heavy weight to bear,

A father’s love beyond compare.

I hold on to each memory,

And wait for when they’re here with me

No comments: