Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Saturday, October 6, 2012

Balloon launch for Baby Anthony


The balloon launch was initiated by Hannah's Oak.
As you can see, my car was filled with balloons.
Each one represented a son, daughter or grandchild no longer with us.

No one ever imagines that they would be standing in a field, holding balloons in honor of their child.
I was ready to let my balloon go, then the sun suddenly came out in full force and I looked down to see our shadows.  This is the reality that we now live in.  Anthony is not here with us, he is like a shadow, a memory, that we grasp on to, but cannot wrap our arms around...
Christen & her dad trying to rig the 50/50
Mom, dad & Aunt Julie showing their support.
Thankful for the hot coffee on this chilly October day!
Free cookies from Eat n' Park!


I couldn't write anything on my balloon.
I just put a heart on it becuase I knew that as I let it go, there would my heart go also.
 
They gave everyone pens to write a message.
This is Christen's to Anthony.
"Anthony, I miss you and love you my precious son.
I wish you were here!
Continue watching over all of us."
Love, Mommy

Dad & Aunt Lindsay trying their best to win a prize.
(They Lost)
Mom & Dad writing a message to their grandson.
I snapped this picture right before we left. I was trying get some balloons as they drifted away.
When I got home, I was disappointed that I totally missed them.
But what I did take is a bit unusual.
-Is it a Heart?
-Is it the back of an Angel?

1 comment:

anthony P. said...

while i could not make it i was there in spirit.my prayers are always for you two..