Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Prayer for my wife, Christen. 'Dream Baby, Dream'



Dream Baby Dream

Come on and dream baby dream
Keep the fire burning
We gotta keep the light burning
Come on, we gotta keep the light burning
Come on, you gotta keep the fire burning
Come on and dream baby dream

Come on baby and dry your eyes
Come on darling and dry your eyes
Come on, you gotta keep on dreaming
Come on, you gotta keep on dreaming
Come on, you gotta keep on dreaming
Come on and dream baby dream

Come on, you gotta keep a fire burning
Come on, you gotta keep the light burning
Come on you gotta keep a light burning
Come on and dream baby dream

Well I just wanna see you smile
Now I just wanna see you smile
Yeah I just wanna see you smile
Come on dream on, dream baby dream
Yeah I just wanna see you smile
Now I just wanna see you smile
Yeah I just wanna see you smile

Come on dream on, dream baby dream
Come on, you gotta keep on dreaming
Come on, you gotta keep on dreaming
Come on, you gotta keep on dreaming
Come on dream on, dream baby dream


Come on, we gotta keep a light burning
Come on, you gotta keep a light burning
Come on, we gotta keep a light burning
Come on dream on, dream baby dream

Come on baby and dry your eyes
Come on darling and dry your eyes
Come on darling and dry your eyes
Come on and open up baby heart

Come on dream on, dream baby dream

Christen,
When I hear this song, it reminds me of you. 
The haunting way it is sung, the piercing organ, and the stillness of this song is moving. 
It reminds me of when I am alone and feel the hurt from our loss, but it pushes me to try and move forward. 
I love you. And believe in you more than you know...

3 comments:

ajmiller16116 said...

Anthony,
Anyone who knows you or Christen will never forget Baby Anthony. And while many of us cannot begin to know your pain, our hearts still ache for you! Know that there are people praying for both of you everyday. If either of you ever want to talk, I am here to listen. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you!
~Kris

Melissa said...

This is just beautiful. Amazing the love that you and your wife share. And side note... BRUCE!

Melissa said...

Sweet Baby Anthony... I did not know you, nor do I know your parents personally, but you are and always will be loved and remembered.