Working on a Dream


Leadership

Theology

Life


Monday, August 11, 2008

Hair Ties

This summer has brought me new experiences.
biggest one was on July 3rd when on a bike ride, a guy crashed into my wife breaking her hand.
Weeks later, after not healing, she needed surgery. The whole deal has been going on for over a month now, and I have been learning a lot from this.

The most obvious one is how much we use our two ...
 but take it for granted.

The second lesson, the gift that keeps on giving, is helping Christen do the things she normally does with two hands.
Over this time I have been a shampoo and conditioner bottle squeezer, a dish server, and many other things, but the one aspect that has given me the most trouble has been fixing her hair.
Here is how this goes:
"Anthony, can you put my hair in a pony tail?"
"Ya" stare.
"Anthony, here is the tie"
"K" still  staring...
"Christen turn around" me now staring more at the back of her head "
Anthony, just grab my hair and loop it through the tie, then re-do this 3 times."
"Alright" "ouch, ouch, ouch" 
"Do this again, but this time don't rip the hair out of my head!"

After repeating this process, I finally got it.

No comments: